Quick Links to More Ben
Ben Pasley was born in Alabama in 1966. He learned to fly fish on still water, catch crawdad on a string, and navigate kudzu without getting the itchies. Later on he earned a BA Degree from Samford University in 1989 a half a semester late because Hebrew was written backwards and he made his second semester Philosophy professor mad. Nothing of any real consequence happened in his life until he met Robin Weisinger and spent all his money and skills to change her name to Robin Pasley in 1994. They live together still in Woodland Park, CO with their two boys, Zane and Xander.
Here is a bullet point list of biographical and newsworthy notes:
- In 1993 Ben formed the beginnings of the Blue Renaissance Creative Group, a non-profit organization that fused faith and art to create many tours, albums, literary works, and creative presentations from that day until now.
- From 1994 until 2000 Ben And Robin performed over 125 outreach concerts a year as the band, 100 Portraits which was Ben and Robin’s first musical identity...and focused on state university campus touring in the 1990's.
- Enter The Worship Circle a worship music series, is one of their most well known musical products, and was first released in 1999 because Ben and Robin wanted to create a worship album for university student culture.
- From 2000 to 2005 Ben worked to train hundreds of artists and pioneeers some of whom moved to Colorado Springs for something that was almost, but not really, a Blue Renaissance Creative Group ministry school.
- Enter The Worship Circlehas now sold well over 100,000 units of the, now, 8 album collection. (Two new albums were released in 2007.)
- Ben Pasley's first book was published by Relevant Media in 2001 entitled Enter The Worship Circle and sold almost 8,000 copies before it was returned to Ben Pasley for independent publishing. That work is presently being reshaped for a new edition release in late 2009.
- In 2007 Ben launched the www.churchthink.com website which continues to grow its podcast and big article blog format of encouragements on loving and leading the family Jesus loves, but from this, a more personal platform, at www.benpasley.com!
- In 2009 they launched an private Worship Circle network on Ning as part of EnterTheWorshipCircle.com to allow family and friends to connect which continues to provide a place to interact, connect, and stay informed about ministry events, production, and news.
- Also in 2009 Ben launched The Empowerment House, a coaching service designed to help the independent artist and author become profitably independent, and then quickly killed it because it was too much work.
- In 2010 Ben launched Bookshooter.com to help authors and publishers convert and distribute ebooks to the known universe. It is an amazing joint venture with Chris Wang that is already publishing Christian works to e-formats in Chinese, in China, and is set to serve a huge swath of the ebook publishing marketplace in the West as well.
- In 2011 the Enter The Worship Circle website is slated to be miraculously transformed into a contributor driven site featuring Scripture reference and topical searches for worship resources of every shape and size and from every tribe and nation.
On a more personal note, Ben presently loves trout, but not trout fisherman and is constantly looking for ways to meet one without the other. He would rather work on his old house most days than do any work for others, and enjoys smoking meats with friends for personal consumption. When he does work he loves the new challenge of writing books, and finding ways to help leaders excel.
The BenPasley.com Site Purpose
This site is full of writings and podcasts designed to build up believers, especially leaders, in their walk with Jesus. The center of our target audience is primarily any believer with some leadership grace who is in a position to hear encouraging words about their calling, their work, and their future together as family-style leaders serving the people of God.
Much of the content of this site used to be found at Churchthink.com. Church is a dangerous word these days, but this site is focused on the beautiful people of God which is the only way Ben can use the word Church. We also realize that kingdom has become a catch-word, like apostolic was last year, and emergent the year before, but the death of language is no reason to kill the related truth. We believe we are called to receive and proclaim the kingdom of God, and we are not called to proclaim anything else. The end result of this proclamation is a community of faith, filled with great diversity and application, that is one big family called the Church--but this is the order of things and you can't reverse this process by proclaiming the Church and hoping some kingdom pops out. So, if you just need someone to prop up your institution this site is probably not for you. This website is about the building up the people, not the people of the building!
Using This Site
All the articles and post are categorized in the top bar. Some are short, some are long. Some have comments, some do not. Please, please if you want to unload your teaching gift or start your favorite argument here on this website, don't. We don't know each other, and I don't think we will work out a disagreement over a comment thread. If you have a question, disagree with me, or downright love the post, please, please feel free to comment your feelings, and even post your links to resources you like better then this one, but don't dump on me in the comments area, ok? Let's all head toward friendship here best we can, and if you have a big idea then unload that on your own website. You may contact me, personally, using the form below if you really need to engage.
Many of our articles are available in smartly done PDF's at the foot of each article and you can download them from free, and you have permission to use them non-commercially. You can easily Subscribe to our blog feed and podcasts via iTunes or email using the buttons in the top bar, or redundantly here: subscribable RSS feed, iTunes, or email subscriptions.
We prefer that you use the blog Comments for giving feedback, asking a question, or posting a rave review, but you are also welcome to email me privately here:
You Can Donate to Say, "Thanks."
The donation links on this site are an invitation for you to just say thanks, or to get behind what we are doing here with some financial support. Here is a basic donation page, or you might want to skip the intro and give directly to help Ben and Robin Pasley.We have been receiving donations as a foundation stone in our ministry work since 1993 and the donation will be professionally received and receipted through the Blue Renaissance Creative Group, a non-profit charted in the State of Colorado with a sharp oversight board and a clear sense of ministry purpose.